IMPORTANT TOPICS – Click here for a pdf copy
Please visit us at www.bgsa.ca for further details a s to locations of softball diamonds, teams and schools. All information will be updated & posted on our website by May 4th.
CLOSET TIM HORTONS NEAR YOUR DIAMONDS:
- Mite/Squirt – 400 Queen St W, Brampton
- Novice – 202 County Ct Blvd, Brampton
- Novice – 515 Steeles Ave W
- Bantam – 400 Queen St W, Brampton
- Bantam – 330 Main St N, Brampton
- Midget – 497 Main St S, Brampton
- Midget – 7970 Mavis Rd, Brampton
SOME ADULT BEVERAGES LOCATIONS
- Beer Store – 55 Charolais Blvd, Brampton
- Beer Store – 2890 Queen St E, Brampton
- Beer Store – 69 First Gulf Blvd, Brampton
- LCBO – 545 Steeles Ave E, Brampton
- LCBO – 27 George St N, Brampton
CITY OF BRAMPTON SMOKING BY-LAW
Sporting Areas – Starting January 1, 2015, smoking is no longer allowed at publicly-owned outdoor sporting areas, spectator areas, sporting areas and public areas within 20 meters of any point of the edge of the sporting or spectator areas. Penalties – Anyone caught smoking on or around these sporting areas may be charged with an offence, and if convicted could face a maximum fine of $1,000 (for a first offence) or $5,000 (for any further offence).
City of Brampton Parking Enforcement Laws
In addition to responding to requests from the public, Enforcement Officers enforce the City’s Traffic and Parking By-law which, amongst other things, stipulates that a vehicle may NOT be parked on the street:
- a. between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.; and
- b. for more than three (3) hours at a time
Unless Consideration is given by the City to violate these offences. Parking by-law signs posted on every roadway entering the City of Brampton. These bylaws are City-wide, unless posted otherwise, and identify the City of Brampton parking rules.
We have contacted the Parking Enforcement for the City and they are aware of our tournament and will make consideration provided you are not breaking the following laws at Duggan Park.
Map Red = No Parking
Map Yellow = Parking is allowed in some areas
Map No Color = Park at your own risk
- ZERO PARKING on Vodden at any time during the day or night.
- Brampton Fire Station is next to paved driveway into Duggan Field (Entrance/Exit into Duggan Park is to remain open at all times, they will issue tickets for blocking the Entrance/Exit)
- ZERO PARKING on the grass
- Handicapped parking will be enforced
- No stopping for drop-offs and pickups on Vodden (Main street for traffic)
- Look for street signs were parking is not allowed (North end of Centre Street across from Housing complex.
- Park at your own risk on Raine Court off Mara Crescent
- Park at your own risk on Locustwood Court off Centre Street.
- No blocking pathway on Centre or Ken Whillans streets; they need to provide access for Brampton City Vehicles and foot traffic into the diamonds.
- Any vehicle parked away from the curb more than 12 inches (1 Ft) will be issued a ticket.
- Don’t block Fire Hydrants in Brampton.
Duggan Park suggestion by the City Enforcement Department:
- 120 parking spots inside Duggan Park
- Car pool if possible
- Parking along Centre Street were prohibited
- Parking along Ken Whillans Drive were prohibited
- Park along Mara Crescent off Ken Whillans (3 Hrs. max)
- Park along Sproule Drive off Ken Whillans (3 Hrs. max.)
- They will be around to check on our diamonds but will work with us the best they can
Duggan Park & Map (See above comments RED & Yellow)
Brampton Civic Hospital
2100 Bovaird Drive East
(10km from Brampton Fairgrounds)
Always Dial 9-1-1 for all emergencies
POLICE (NON-EMERGENCY) 905-453-3311
ONTARIO POISON CONTROL 1-800-268-9017
PET POISON HOTLINE 1-800-213-6680
SOME PLACES IN BRAMPTON FOR FOOD:
133 Queen Street
Wally’s On Steels
1315 Steele’s Ave East
Sonny’s Drive – In – Huge Burgers & lots of Fries (CASH ONLY)
21 Kennedy Road North
RD’s Southern BBQ – Southern need I say more!
25 Aventura Court
Moxie’s Bar & Grill
56 Peel Centre Drive
210 Queen Street East
Wimpy’ s Diner – Americana Style Diner
10178 Hurontario Street
Harvey’s – Near Duggan Park
320 Main Street North
Mary Brown’s Chicken & Taters
10045 Hurontario Street Unit # 8
Portland Jerk – Caribbean
9025 Torbram Road
FUN THINGS AROUND BRAMPTON
2 Wellington Street West
9446 McLaughlin Road North (Across from Fred Kline Diamonds)
241 Clarence Street
284 Orenda Road Unit # 8
SilverCity Brampton Movies
50 Great Lakes Drive
20 Biscayne Crescent
CONFIRMED COLLEGE & UNIVERSITIES ATTENDING IN MAY 2018
Wilfred Laurier University
University of Toronto
We’re hoping with the schedule being finalized those Higher Education Schools that haven’t confirmed their place at this year tournament in Brampton will now, we had a number of schools waiting for confirmation of the schedule due to various concerns (Combine, placement of teams on diamonds in Brampton)
I believe we have completed this task to the best of our abilities.
*** Athletes we have created a profile for you to fill out, print some copies and bring with you to the tournament if you wish to provide those schools with some further information about yourself while you speak with them directly. – You can find the Athlete Profile on our website www.bgsa.ca under Showcase. ***
Thank you for joining us in May 2018